Transformed. Central. Full-service.
Cobo Center is downtown Detroit’s full-service convention space. In 2015 after a $279 million renovation, Cobo features 2.4 million square feet of usable space. Exhibit halls are flexible. Banquet rooms and executive meeting spaces are bright and friendly.
Cobo pairs its meeting accommodations with spectacular views of a restored international riverfront, on-site restaurants, a business service center and its very own Detroit People Mover railway station.
- The renovated Grand Riverview Ballroom at Cobo Center is loaded with features to make your event a shining success.
- 723,000 square feet of exhibit hall space
- 623,000 square feet of contiguous exhibition space
- 200,000 square feet of breakout and meeting space, including 100 meeting rooms and flex space with seating capacities from 100 to 1,725
- Free, facility-wide, high-speed Wi-Fi coverage
- In-house broadcast studio with video editing, satellite uplink and facility-wide fiber network
- An extensive video board communication system throughout the facility, including two giant exterior boards that provide possible shared revenue opportunities for events
- 30,000-square-foot three-story glass atrium that can accommodate 600 people seated for meals, 100 people seated theater-style and 1,200 people standing
- 40,000-square-foot Grand Riverview Ballroom, which can accommodate 3,500 theater-style or 2,500 for banquets
- Pod furniture, with convenient charging stations, throughout
- Food and beverage services are provided by Centerplate, Cobo Center’s hospitality partner
- All-new 8,000-square-foot kitchen with private tasting room
- New retail food court called Detroit Made Kitchen adjacent to ballroom and 250-seat Cyber Café. Detroit Made Kitchen has four food shops featuring local foods and healthy, natural ingredients.
- New coffee and wine bar — Cork & Grind — in main concourse. Serves coffee from the Great Lakes and Coffee Roasting Company, Michigan craft beer, wine, continental breakfast items and small-plate foods.
- Michigan-themed catering menu featuring unique selections and locally sourced ingredients
- People mover station inside Cobo providing easy access to many hotels and attractions in the downtown area.
- International access: US Port of Entry – Tunnel to Canada two blocks from facility