And Detroit is coming together and answering the call against the global COVID-19 fight. We are in your corner during these challenging times, so we pulled together some stories to show you the good that has been taking place around metro Detroit.
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay Detroit.
The Hospitality Industry: A Roadmap to our Destination’s Recovery
Last week we assembled an extraordinary panel to provide us with expert insights, industry perspectives, and a view into what comes next as we recover from the coronavirus pandemic.
- Lt. Governor Garlin Gilchrist – State of Michigan
- Jason Langwell – Executive Director Rocket Mortgage Classic
- Robert Riney – President, Healthcare Operations & Chief Operating Officer Henry Ford Health System
- Gregg Talley FASAE, CAE – CEO Talley Management Group, Inc.
- Vickie Thomas – City Beat /Entercom Radio
Don’t worry if you missed it, you can watch the recording here.
Royal Park Hotel is Open
Guests are currently able to enjoy overnight accommodations and carry-out from PARK 600 restaurant. Stay tuned for announcements on phase two and three, and visit their website for more details on our safety & sanitation initiatives!
‘Everybody vs. COVID-19’ Online Festival will Feature Detroit Stars
The two-day online festival will feature performers Big Sean, Mayer Hawthorne, Sada Baby, DJ D Nice and more. Learn more about it here.
Michigan Safe Start Plan
The State of Michigan has released a plan to reopen the state. Read the plan here.
City of Detroit Reopening Plan
Mayor Mike Duggan has created a reopening playbook for Detroit businesses. You can see the plan here.
In the Community
Rocket Mortgage Classic will have no fans
Only essential personnel will be allowed at the event.
Detroit Tigers release #TogetherDetroit video
The new video highlights some of Detroit’s favorite moments in sports history.
DMCVB Partners show acts of kindness in the community
- Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center:Donated fresh produce to Gleaners, 32,500 procedure masks, 28,000 Nextemp thermometers to the Children’s Miracle Network and the Beaumont Health System
- The Henry Hotel & Tria Restaurant:Donating 500 hot meals per week to local first responders
- Hilton Garden Inn – Downtown Detroit:Accommodated 22 rooms for City of Detroit first responders for one month
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Sterling Heights:Offered complimentary rooms to Sterling Heights Police Department and Fire Department in April
- TCF Center:Donated loading dock space to Forgotten Harvest for sorting food, allowing 18,000 food boxes to be packed and distributed