Crossing the Border

Oh Canada, glorious and free.

Getting to and from Canada

Interested in paying a visit to Windsor? You can do so easily from Detroit using either the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel or the Ambassador Bridge. There’s also the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron. Really — it’s easy. If you are a United States (U.S.) citizen, you will need one of the following identification documents to return to the U.S. by car: U.S. Passport Book, U.S. Passport Card, Enhanced Driver’s License, Trusted Traveler Program Cards NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST.

For further information on passport applications, please visit, or call the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778.