Bike riding just became a year-round thing inside the Lexus Velodrome, the newest addition to Detroit’s sport scene. Upon approach to the highly visible dome at Mack Avenue & I-75, you will first hear a rumble that becomes a roar the moment you step inside. More than a dozen bike racers, on bikes with no brakes, fearlessly face the challenge of 50 degree banking and wildly fast speeds as they negotiate the 1/10th mile cycling oval in hotly contested weekend races. Spectators enjoy an up close experience around the track’s elevated skywalk or seated comfortably in infield suites. Put us on your bucket list - to watch, to ride, to come inside the Lexus Velodrome. Also inside is the Eddie Tolan Oval offering four 1/8th mile lanes for running, walking and skating, plus 1,200 square feet of bamboo floor for Detroit Fit classes.
- Save 20% or More on Detroit's Best Attractions with The D Discount PassD Discount Pass
- CultureDDThese Detroit-Inspired Playlists Will Brighten Your Day
- Press ReleaseDDStatement from the Detroit Regional Convention Facility Authority and TCF Center
- DiningDDHere’s How You Can Donate to Your Favorite Detroit Restaurants
- Detroit In The NewsTravel Michigan Virtually While Planning Your Vacation – Pure Michigan