Over the past few months, the city of Detroit’s renaissance has been getting more media buzz than a socialite. You may have heard the news about The New York Times and National Geographic singing the praises of Detroit, but it’s just the tip of iceberg when it comes to high-fives for the city. Here’s a look at Detroit in the news.
- Tasting Table ranked Detroit-style pizza among the likes of New York and Chicago pies on its list of “9 Best Cities for Pizza Lovers,” giving a special shout-out to Amar Pizza, Loui’s Pizza and Pepe Z’s. Travel + Leisure also ranked Detroit No. 2 on it’s “List of Cities with America’s Favorite Pizza.”
- Maybe less known than Detroit’s burgeoning restaurant industry is the city’s fashion design industry. Atlanta Daily World spotlights the city’s TechTown Fashion Incubator in “Reviving Detroit through Fashion.”
- Detroit became the first — and only — American city to be designated a City of Design by the UNESCO Creative Cities Network, among six from around the world selected in 2015.
- On the business end, Detroit has plenty to offer as a meeting and convention destination, a fact recognized by smartmeetings.com. Check out our resources for meeting planners.
- Vogue claims Detroit is shedding its old monikers with renaissance and opportunity in its list of “5 Industrial Cities Making America’s Rust Belt Shine Again.”