Whether you’re driving down from Chi-town or taking a peek from Cincinnati, Detroit is the place to be for music, art and culture. Find your tribe or catch a vibe at any one of these spots and create a memory.
Living for the City
1. St. Andrews Hall: The iconic, standing room only chapel of music is in the heart of downtown Detroit. Check their website to explore your musical tastes and discover your next favorite artist or band. Doors open at 6 p.m., giving you plenty of time to catch dinner before or after the show.
2. Northern Lights Lounge: Tired of the same old crowd? Northern Lights Lounge in the New Center neighborhood is your bet. You’ll see people from all walks of life who have one thing in common- they’re chill. Enjoy a live band and a pool game.
3. Cafe 78 at MOCAD: See some daring art and sip your spirit of choice at Cafe 78. Conveniently located inside the Museum of Contemporary Art, where neon lights remind you that everything is going to be alright. Known for good bands, savvy locals and an eclectic crowd, visit on a Thursday or Friday night.
View this post on Instagram
4. Friday Night Live! at the Detroit Institute of Arts: Legends and prodigies alike can be found at the Detroit Institute of Arts every Friday night for Friday Night Live. Satisfy your musical taste buds with world-class soloists and quartets from all around the world and next door.
5. Sid’s Gold Request Room: Some say life’s like a piano, what you get out of it depends on how you play it. Sid’s Gold Request Room and Piano Bar is the latest snazzy joint to arrive in The D and it’s a hit! Sharing its iconic status with us from New York, Sid’s is where you’ll enjoy a burlesque show or good old piano karaoke.
Might Take an L, but Tonight you’ll Bounce Back
6. The Fowling Warehouse: Who knew that throwing a football across a 20-foot clearing into jumbo bowling pins would be just what you needed to blow off some steam? Bring a friend or a crew, and have your fill of pizza and beers on tap for open play at the Fowling Warehouse. Lane rentals available if you’re feeling fancy.
7. Garden Bowl at the Majestic Theatre: Get your strikes, strobe lights, and disco balls here! Party like a rock star at Garden Bowl in the Majestic Theatre on Woodward Avenue. This neighborhood staple has great music, pop-up food vendors and glow in the dark ambiance for a fun night at the bowling alley.
Wanderlust in Detroit
8. Topgolf Swing Suite in the MGM Grand: Mid-week slump got you down? Export yourself to a new world with lush seating and a full bar at the Topgolf Swing Suite in the MGM Grand, Wednesday- Sunday. This grand lounge offers floor to ceiling virtual simulators that so you can practice your swing or get your heart racing with dozens of arcade games. And yes, say it with me–HAPPY HOUR. You’re welcome.
9. Escape the Room: Grab a friend and escape a themed room while solving clues at the Escape Room Detroit. There is no age limit to this fun; just good ol’ sleuthing skills and creativity required. If adventure is what you’re looking for, Escape the Room Detroit is a great bang for your buck. Parking is included with entry, so you can escape a ticket too.
10. Monarch Club: The historic Metropolitan Building has been restored to newfound glory as the Element Hotel. And now with a cherry on top with a rooftop bar, the Monarch Club. The Monarch Club’s art deco decor sits well next to its stunning views of our beloved Detroit. Impress your guests with a private party or impromptu gathering, or just enjoy a happy hour with flavorful small dishes. The Monarch Club is a delight for all the senses.