Wheelchair Accessibility Guide for Detroit’s Convention and Expo CentersModified: May 08, 2023 | Story by Charlotte Bachelor
Detroit and its surrounding suburbs are home to various convention and expo centers. This article covers accessibility information for wheelchair users visiting these locations. Accessibility info may change depending on the event, so please contact the venue directly for the most up-to-date information.
Address: 1 Washington Blvd, Detroit, MI 48226
Phone Number: (313)-877-8777
- Accessible Entrances: North side of the building from Congress Street can be accessed with an elevator. The south side of the building can be accessed from street level near Washington Boulevard. Each accessible entrance has automatic entry and exit doors with ADA complaint manual doors.
- Parking: Accessible parking is available for regular vehicles and vans in Huntington Place garages.
- Elevators: Passenger elevators are available on each level.
- Restrooms: Restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Walkways: There are ample walkways and ramps throughout the center.
- Wheelchair Rental: Wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the concourse Information Desk.
Address: 400 Renaissance Center, Detroit, MI 48242
Phone Number: 313-567-3126
- Accessible Entrances: Entrances/exits with automatic entry are located at: The Jefferson Lobby, Wintergarden, Tower 200, and Tower 300 (coming from the Beaubien parking garage).
- Parking: Beaubien Place parking garage has accessible parking for regular-sized vehicles and vans.
- Elevator: A public elevator can be found in the corner of the Wintergarden adjacent to Panera Bread, reachable from Levels A, 1, and 2. Other public elevators are near the Beaubien and Port Atwater Parking Garages.
- Restrooms: Wheelchair-accessible restrooms are available on Level A in the café’ and near the Wintergarden.
Suburban Collection Showplace
Address: 46100 Grand River Ave, Novi, MI 48374
Phone Number: 248-348-5600
- Accessible Entrances: The three main entrances along the building have automatic entry.
- Wheelchair Rental: Manual and motorized wheelchairs are available at the box office on a first-come, first-served basis. An ID or something of value must be left with the Box Office to secure your rental.
- Accessible Parking: There are designated accessible parking for regular-sized cars and vans.
- Restrooms: Wheelchair-accessible and family (companion) restrooms are available throughout the facility.
- Elevators: Elevators are in the attached hotel and Event Center where there is a second story. The rest of the building is single-story.