Each year we share the Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau (DMCVB) marketing plan, which includes our departmental objectives and strategies. Please take a look through this plan for 2019, as well as the activity calendar, to see how you can be involved with the DMCVB and increase your own business.
Watch the DMCVB 2018 Year in Review video
A Message from the CEO
Dear Hospitality Partner,
2019 is shaping up to be another productive year for metro Detroit’s hospitality industry. We’re hosting a number of high-profile events, starting with the U.S. Figure Skating National Championships, followed by other events such as the Can-Am Classic, the FIRST Robotics Championship for its second year, the National Society of Black Engineers and Junior Gold Championships. And speaking of hosting, we’re expecting to welcome more than 150 national and international media this year.
As a host, Detroit has an opportunity to shine on a worldwide stage and showcase the phenomenal progress the city has made as a destination for leisure and business travel.
I urge everyone to continue to put their best foot forward and provide top-notch hospitality and customer service throughout our region.
Our 2019 marketing plan outlines the various strategies and tactics the Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau will employ to meet its goals for the year. There are often opportunities for you to take part in these activities, and we encourage you to do so.
Please refer to this plan often when you see opportunities to get involved with our efforts.
There are several ways you can become active with the bureau and make your membership work better for you:
- Participate in sales familiarization tours and trade shows. Contact Jennifer Miller at 313-202-1943 or email@example.com.
- Advertise in the award-winning Visit Detroit magazine, which is distributed in all area hotel rooms. We are also offering digital advertising opportunities on visitdetroit.com. Call Katie Susko at 313-202-1935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use our Partner Portal or website to upload events and deals to visitdetroit.com.
- Follow us and join the conversations on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Share news about your business with our public relations team so they can share it with contacts in the national and international media. Contact Deanna Majchrzak at 313-202-1999 or email@example.com.
It is our pleasure to work with all of you. Thank you for your energy and enthusiasm for making metro Detroit a great visitor destination. It’s GO time!
President and CEO
Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau