Each year we share the Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau (DMCVB) marketing plan, which includes our departmental objectives and strategies. Please take a look through this plan for 2020, as well as the activity calendar, to see how you can be involved with the DMCVB and increase your own business.
Watch the DMCVB 2019 Year-end Video
A Message from the CEO
Dear Hospitality Partner,
Metro Detroit’s hospitality industry has never been stronger, bolder or more empowered. In 2020 alone, we are hosting a variety of events that are not only high profile, but will bring diverse audiences to Detroit — some for the very first time.
We will welcome sports fans with the 2020 NCAA Division I Men’s Frozen Four. Young innovators and engineers and their families will experience our great city during the FIRST Robotics World Championship for the third consecutive year. Plus, the 2020 International Convention of Alcoholics Anonymous will shine a worldwide spotlight on Detroit, bringing its members and guests from all over the globe. Not to mention, we are expecting to host more than 200 national and international media this year.
Detroit continues to make unbelievable progress as a destination for leisure and business travel, and we are confident that it will continue to perform above expectations. We also know that the city’s performance in a visitor’s eyes is only as good as the hospitality they receive.
As our partners, you never disappoint, consistently providing the highest quality customer service in the industry. Don’t stop. Continue to strive to provide the best hospitality services possible. If you do, we know that 2020 can be one of Detroit’s most successful years yet.
Our 2020 marketing plan outlines the various strategies and tactics the Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau will employ to meet its goals for the year. There are often opportunities for you to take part in these activities, and we encourage you to do so. Please refer to this plan often when you see opportunities to get involved with our efforts.
There are several ways you can become active with the bureau and make your membership work better for you:
- Participate in sales familiarization tours and trade shows. Contact Events Manager Jennifer Miller at 313-202-1943 or email@example.com.
- Advertise in the award-winning Visit Detroit magazine, which is distributed in all area hotel rooms. We are also offering digital advertising opportunities on visitdetroit.com. Call Digital Marketing Specialist Jessica Kukla at 313-202-1965 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use our Partner Portal or website to upload events and deals to visitdetroit.com.
- Follow us and join the conversations on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Share news about your business with our public relations team so they can share it with contacts in the national and international media. Contact Media Relations Manager Deanna Majchrzak at 313-202-1999 or email@example.com or Media Relations Manager Samantha Scott at 313-202-1987 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working with all of you is an absolute pleasure. Your energy, enthusiasm and commitment to making Detroit the best visitor destination it can be is evident year-round. Thank you.
President and CEO
Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau