Whether you want a candlelit dinner in an elegant restaurant or to enjoy nature’s beauty, the Motor City has plenty of romantic spots for you and your significant other to celebrate your anniversary. Plus, most of these locations are within walking distance to other sightseeing destinations. Start planning now!
- Enjoy a romantic dinner for two at The Whitney or on the patio at La Dolce Vita. If you’d rather do brunch, start the day with stuffed French toast at Royal Oak’s Café Muse.
- Book an overnight stay at The Inn on Ferry Street in Midtown, where you can choose from 40 boutique rooms, each individually designed and decorated.
- Plan a date day at Belle Isle Park. Explore the wooded trails, stroll along the beach, visit the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory and more.
- Sip specialty cocktails at Cliff Bell’s, which hosts live music nightly and offers a swanky interior. Stay for full dinner service.
- Sample some vino and nibble on Artisan-made cheeses in a relaxed atmosphere at MotorCity Wine. Enjoy live or vinyl jazz playing in the background.
- Head to MGM Grand Detroit. Dress up for a night at the club, book a treatment at IMMERSE spa, dine in style at a four-star restaurant or try your luck at the casino.
- Revitalize together in the Couple’s Suite at D.Tour Spa inside the MotorCity Casino Hotel. The package includes a sense-awakening body scrub followed by a soak together in an illuminated hydrotherapy tub and an application of warm mud. Step into the Rain Room for an hour-long rinse, and finish with the signature MotorCity massage.
- Catch a classic film at Detroit’s beautifully renovated Redford Theatre. Enjoy a live organ intro a half hour before your show and be sure to visit the award-winning concession counter, stocked with more than 50 varieties of goodies, including popcorn with real butter.
See more things to do in Detroit.