Detroit’s home to three world-class casinos including MotorCity Casino-Hotel, MGM Grand Detroit and Greektown Casino-Hotel. While hitting the slots and trying your luck at the tables is usually the main draw, the casinos offer much more than that. Here are other ways to enjoy Detroit’s casinos beyond gambling.
Detroit Casino Experiences
1. Get a Massage
Book a massage at MGM Grand Detroit or MotorCity Casino and prepare yourself for ultimate relaxation. Both spas offer couple’s massage and hot stone massage. A specialty at MotorCity is the MotorCity Music Massage. Speakers are embedded into the massage tables so clients can hear and feel the music. It’s described as “profoundly relaxing” and designed to balance the mind and body.
MGM Grand casino in downtown Detroit is known for the variety of luxurious spa services for anyone to choose from. The sports and prenatal massages are two of their most sought after specialties, along with their seasonal specials such as the ‘Summer Refresh’ and ‘Summer Sun Kissed’.
2. Go Shopping
You can make a quick stop between gaming and other fun at MGM & Co. right inside MGM Grand Detroit. Here you can get MGM shirts and memorabilia to commemorate your getaway. Or you can hit metro Detroit with full force shopping by using this shopping itinerary that breaks down exactly where to go. Want to find something uniquely Detroit? Check out this guide to shopping local and get a true taste of the Motor City.
3. See a Show
The event center at MGM Grand Detroit offers an intimate setting to catch your favorite acts. Bands, comedians and other artists can be enjoyed at this venue.
Sound Board at MotorCity Casino also offers an intimate setting with 2,400 seats and state-of-the-art acoustics and technology.
4. Listen to Live Music
Every night, locally and nationally known musicians grace the stage at Chromatics Lounge on the second floor of MotorCity casino. These shows are free and start between 3 p.m. and 10 p.m. Check the schedule for upcoming performers and times.
AXIS Lounge within MGM Grand Detroit features live, local music Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
5. Experience the Nightlife
MotorCity Casino offers six different bars to catch up with old friends or meet some new ones.
● Strut is in the heart of the casino and offers bar-top video slots.
● The Lounge is located in the hotel lobby and features craft beers and cocktails.
● Overdrive is the perfect place to get ready for a concert or show and is located outside of Sound Board.
● Root for the home team at Spectators while watching HD TVs, eating gourmet hot dogs and trying a variety of Michigan microbrews.
● Headlights Lounge is located in the main casino and Pit Stop is in the food court.
● Just inside the self-parking area of MGM Grand Detroit, you’ll find 32 Degrees. This bar features frozen drinks and craft beers.
View this post on Instagram
There’s no shortage of great dining options at the casinos. Each casino offers their own twist on the best of Detroit.
MotorCity Casino has six dining options ranging from four-star cuisine to hot-and-ready pizza.
● Assembly Line: an award-winning buffet
● Little Caesars: Detroit-native pizza that’s become world-famous
● The Lodge Diner: Diner food done right
● Grand River Deli & Burgers: Classic burgers, sandwiches, soups, and salads
● Sweet Ride: Bakery featuring gourmet cupcakes, pastries, cakes, and Starbucks coffee
MGM Grand Detroit offers several dining experiences to please the senses.
● Wolfgang Puck Steak: Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck perfects steaks and more
● Palette Dining Studio: Award-winning chefs create all you can eat fare with a different theme each night
● TAP: Enjoy pub food and a selection of over 50 beers plus wine and spirits
● Breeze Dining Court: Quick bites from four different restaurants
● Roasted Bean: Michigan roasted coffee, pastries, and snacks from iconic Michigan companies
Greektown offers guests over five unique dining options.
● Monroe Market: Six casual eateries in a street market like setting
● Noodle Art: Japanese Ramen with a Detroit twist
● Prism: Steak, seafood, pasta and more fine dining accompanied by live music from local artists
● Bistro 555: Award-winning buffet
● Stack’d: Quick bites like burgers, salads and wings
View this post on Instagram
7. Play Virtual Golf
MGM Grand Detroit offers a virtual golf experience for anyone from avid golfers to those just looking to try something new. The Topgolf Swing Suite is an immersive, virtual golf lounge with multiple screens, comfortable seats, and great food and drinks. It’s a perfect way to kick back and have a blast with friends.
8. Get a Mani-Pedi
Get a classic manicure and pedicure, couples nail care, gel manicure or more at MotorCity Casino Spa or MGM Grand Detroit.
9. Relax with a Facial
Peel back the signs of aging with a facial at MotorCity Casino or MGM Grand Detroit. Try something new with the Urban Escape or Back Facial from MotorCity Casino. Pamper yourself with a Red Carpet Hydrafacial from MGM Grand Detroit.
10. Stay and Explore Detroit
Detroit’s casinos offer many fun and exciting activities beyond just gambling. Staying in the luxury casino hotel can be the perfect home base for exploring the greater Detroit area. Take a self-guided brewery tour, enjoy fresh air and local agriculture at Eastern Market, or explore the city on bike. Catch a game in the District, the most compact sports area in the country featuring Little Caesars Arena, Ford Field and Comerica Park. You’ll run out of time before you run out of interesting adventures in The D!
We have more things to do in downtown Detroit.