If you’d like to stay downtown in a beautifully restored historic building, you’ll be pleased with the renovations of Detroit’s gems from the 1920s. The Detroit Foundation Hotel, Aloft Detroit at the David Whitney, and The Siren Hotel all fit the bill for exquisite boutique hotels. 234 Winder Street Inn is a cozy B&B in a Victorian-style mansion overlooking Comerica Park.
Stay and play in Detroit’s casino hotels at Greektown Casino-Hotel, MGM Grand Detroit or MotorCity Casino-Hotel.
Cash in those reward points. For those looking to stay in their favorite, nation-wide chain, downtown Detroit isn’t lacking in options. Courtyard by Marriott, Westin Book Cadillac, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, and Hilton Garden Inn are all located downtown.
Pregame and Post Game Eats
Check out these great places to eat or enjoy a drink that are within walking distance to Comerica.
- Elwood Bar & Grill: Located just steps from Comerica, Elwood Bar and Grill is a favorite of Tigers’ fans. Located in a fully restored 1930s building, this Art Deco diner features burgers, paninis, salads, Michigan brewed beer and more.
- Detroit Beer Co.: Head to the Detroit Beer Company for a true taste of Detroit. Handcrafted beer and specialty pizzas and burgers make it a favorite of baseball fans.
- Downtown Louie’s Lounge: Downtown Louie’s Lounge features chef-inspired burgers and American fare with a European twist. Ingredients sourced locally when possible and local brews make it a Detroit favorite.
- Hockeytown Café: Pregame at Hockey Town Café and check out the Tigers and Red Wings Hall of Fame, 30 HD TV’s and great food and drinks.
- Brass Rail Pizza Bar: Pregame favorites like pizza, burgers, tacos and more are just some of Brass Rail Pizza Bar’s specialties. Try out a new beer or find your old favorite with 52 beers on tap.
- Rusted Crow: A new, trendy gastro-lounge featuring burgers, sandwiches, a new take on PB&J, signature cocktails and more.
- Old Shillelagh Irish Pub: Detroit’s most famous Irish pub is a favorite for Tigers fans with 20 beers on tap and “The Best Burger in Wayne County.”