Greektown Detroit fuses old world charm and must-try restaurants with gaming, nightlife and entertainment. The district’s constant evolution keeps visitors and locals coming back for more.
Nightlife in Greektown Detroit
- Authentic Greek restaurants like Pegasus Taverna or Golden Fleece set the standard for the neighborhood, with delicious food, generous portions and reasonable prices. Lamb chops, spinach pie, lemon rice soup and gyros are crowd favorites. An order of saganaki – a flaming cheese appetizer – starts your meal with some excitement. Many kitchens are open until 3 a.m. or later—making these restaurants the final stop for hungry fans after downtown sporting events, theater performances, concerts or last call.
- A variety of other restaurants have found a home in Greektown. Try Monroe St. Steakhouse, Fishbone’s for Creole-inspired dishes, Red Smoke for barbeque, PizzaPapalis for gourmet deep dish pizza and Michigan’s only Wahlburger’s – for burgers, of course. After dinner, wander over to Astoria Pastry Shop or Cold Stone Creamery for sweet desserts.
- Get lucky at Greektown Casino with slots, poker and table games. The 30-story hotel has 400 guest rooms and suites, many with views of the Detroit River and Canada.
- Dance the night away at Detroit bars Flood’s Bar & Grille or Delux Lounge. Chill at Pappy’s Sports Bar & Grill or Firebird Tavern and sing along to Irish favorites at Old Shillelagh Irish Pub.
- Check out the impressive marble atrium with soaring murals of Greek mythological figures at Atheneum Suite Hotel & Conference Center.
- Greektown has added the Ouzo Cruizo and the Opa Bus, a free shuttle service to and from all major downtown events.
- A district-wide happy hour every Thursday from 4-7 p.m. offers $3 drinks and $5 food items at 15 participating locations.
- Free and convenient WiFi is accessible on Monroe Street, from Chrysler Service drive to Randolph Ave.
- Bonus! Find cheap parking in three convenient and affordable parking decks.
Two reasons to go back to Greektown Detroit during the day:
- Greektown is home to several beautiful churches, Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Second Baptist Church — once a stop on the Underground Railroad – and Old St. Mary’s Catholic Church, with a Sunday mass in Latin. Please observe church etiquette when visiting these houses of worship.
- Celebrate nearly 200 years of Greek Independence at the annual Detroit Greek Independence Day Parade.
Discover more things to do in Detroit.
- Pegasus Taverna
24935 Jefferson Ave., St. Clair Shores, MI 48080586-772-3200Highlight on map | More Details
- Golden Fleece
525 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-962-7093Highlight on map | More Details
- Monroe St. Steakhouse
561 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-961-3636Highlight on map | More Details
- Fishbone's - Detroit
400 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-965-4600Highlight on map | More Details
- Red Smoke Barbeque
573 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-962-2100Highlight on map | More Details
- PizzaPapalis of Greektown
553 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-961-8020Highlight on map | More Details
569 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-209-4499Highlight on map | More Details
- Astoria Pastry Shop
541 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-963-9603Highlight on map | More Details
- Cold Stone Creamery
510 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-964-2715Highlight on map | More Details
- Flood's Bar & Grille
731 St. Antoine St., Detroit, MI 48226313-963-1090Highlight on map | More Details
- Delux Lounge
350 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-962-4200Highlight on map | More Details
- Pappy's Sports Bar & Grill
517 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-983-4000Highlight on map | More Details
- Firebird Tavern
419 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-782-4189Highlight on map | More Details
- Old Shillelagh Irish Pub
349 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-964-0007Highlight on map | More Details
- The Atheneum Suite Hotel & Conference Center
1000 Brush St., Detroit, MI 48226313-962-2323Highlight on map | More Details
- Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral
707 E. Lafayette Blvd., Detroit, MI 48226313-965-2988Highlight on map | More Details
- Second Baptist Church - Detroit Underground Railroad Historical Society
441 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-961-0920Highlight on map | More Details
- Old St. Mary's Church
646 Monroe St., Detroit, MI 48226313-961-8711Highlight on map | More Details