Happy Hour in Detroit
Break out of work mode and you’ll find just the spot to order up happy hour specials that can kick off a night on the town.
- The Ghost Bar at The Whitney, a historic – and notoriously haunted – Detroit mansion is the setting for classic cocktails and upscale happy hour snacks.
- Relax into a seat at Mudgie’s for some of the city’s best soups, sandwiches or go for a glass of wine.
- Order sliders at equestrian-themed Green Dot Stables. You won’t regret it.
- Ponder the beer list at The Huron Room over lobster nachos. You can’t go wrong.
- Hit up newcomer, Parc, located right in the city center, and impress your co-workers with its decadent design and delicious happy hour dishes.
Sip Serious Cocktail Culture
Detroiters are serious about nightlife. It may never be more evident than it is at some of the finest cocktail lounges and restaurants in town.
- Newcomers like The Keep, Bad Luck Bar and restaurants with serious bar programs like Chartreuse Kitchen & Cocktails, Standby, Gold Cash Gold and Grey Ghost keep guests delighted by inventive drinks.
- Distilleries like Two James Spirits and Detroit City Distillery muddle Michigan-made ingredients into locally-loved cocktails too.
- A cocktail tradition that introduced cutting edge craft cocktails like Ferndale’s The Oakland Art Novelty Company and Detroit’s Sugar House continues.
Live Music and More
Skip out of the late meeting or trade your suit for something more casual and you’ll find some of the best music in the city.
- Cliff Bell’s offers big band chic in a relaxing setting.
- On Friday nights, the Detroit Institute of Arts stays open late and spotlights world music and art demonstrations.
- The new stage at Ferndale’s Otus Supply sounds phenomenal and its menu means business.
- Check out a new band – or old favorite – at El Club, Marble Bar or UFO Factory.
- Take in a band and try your hand at feather bowling at Cadieux Cafe, a true Detroit establishment.
When the weather just won’t cooperate, a movie might do the trick.
- Cinema Detroit and the Redford Theater offer out of the ordinary film fan experiences, whether you seek out rare independents or can’t get enough of classics.
- Come summer, be on the lookout for outdoor movies in the park at Campus Martius and at New Center Park. It’s the perfect way to unwind.
Only in Detroit
- Take in a friendly game at The Fowling Warehouse.
- Explore the Michigan beer scene from a pedal pub with Handlebar Detroit.
- Rent a bike at Wheelhouse Detroit and ride along the Dequindre Cut, or cut in and join Detroit’s enormously popular Slow Roll Monday nights at 6 p.m.
- Staying awhile? Grab The D Discount pass and see more of what Detroit has to offer.
- The Whitney
4421 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48201313-832-5700 Highlight on map | More Details
- Mudgie's Deli
1300 Porter St., Detroit, MI 48226313-961-2000 Highlight on map | More Details
- Green Dot Stables
2200 W. Lafayette Blvd., Detroit, MI 48216313-962-5588 Highlight on map | More Details
- Huron Room
2547 Bagley Ave., Detroit, MI 48216313-265-3325 Highlight on map | More Details
- Chartreuse Kitchen and Cocktails
15 E. Kirby St., Suite D, Detroit, MI 48202313-818-3915 Highlight on map | More Details
- Gold Cash Gold
2100 Michigan Ave., Detroit, MI 48216313-242-0770 Highlight on map | More Details
- Two James Spirits
2445 Michigan Ave., Detroit, MI 48216313-964-4800 Highlight on map | More Details
- The Detroit Institute of Arts
5200 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48202313-833-7900 Highlight on map | More Details
- Cliff Bell's
2030 Park Ave., Detroit, MI 48226313-961-2543 Highlight on map | More Details
- UFO Factory & Laika Dog
2110 Trumbull St., Detroit, MI 48216 Highlight on map | More Details
- Campus Martius Park
800 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48226313-962-0101 Highlight on map | More Details
- Wheelhouse Detroit - Rivertown
1340 E. Atwater St., Detroit, MI 48207313-656-2453 Highlight on map | More Details