Detroit and its surrounding area has seen a significant uptick in the number of new signature sports and entertainment destinations dotting its landscape.
- The new Little Caesars Arena and The Detroit District will encompass 50 blocks of thriving businesses, parks, restaurants, bars and event destinations. It will connect downtown and Midtown into one contiguous, walkable area. The cornerstone is the arena, the new home of the Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Pistons, which is set to open this fall.
- The Polk Penguin Conservation Center is the new $29.5 million, 33,000-square-foot home to the penguin colonies at the Detroit Zoo.
- In fall 2017, Round 1 Bowling and Amusement Center will join Legoland Discovery Center and Sea Life Michigan Aquarium in Great Lakes Crossing Outlets in Auburn HIlls.
- The new Jimmy John’s Field in Utica is home to the United Shore Professional Baseball League, metro Detroit’s first independent professional baseball league. The stadium seats about 4,000 and hosts about 75 games per season. It was recently announced that a fourth team will be added for the 2017 season.
- Great Lakes Crossing Outlets
4000 Baldwin Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326248-454-5000 Highlight on map | More Details
- Legoland Discovery Center Michigan
4240 Baldwin Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326866-622-0605 Highlight on map | More Details
- Sea Life Michigan Aquarium
4316 Baldwin Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326866-622-0605 Highlight on map | More Details
- Olympia Development
2211 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48202313-983-6577 Highlight on map | More Details
- Detroit Red Wings
Little Caesars Arena, 2645 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48202313-471-7575 Highlight on map | More Details
- Detroit Zoo
8450 W. 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48067248-541-5717 Highlight on map | More Details
- United Shore Professional Baseball League
7171 Auburn Road, Utica, MI 48317, United States248-601-2400 Highlight on map | More Details