Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
Welcome to the world's largest institutions dedicated to the African-American experience! The Wright Museum provides learning opportunities, exhibitions, programs and events based on collections and research that explore the diverse history and culture of African-Americans and their African origins.
Tue.-Sat. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sun. 1-5 p.m.
- Number Of Meeting Rooms: 8
- Largest Banquet Capacity Seating: 300
- Largest Reception Capacity: 500
- Largest Theater Capacity: 317
Room Name Banquet Capacity Classroom Capacity Conference Capacity Reception Capacity Theater Capacity Room Height Boardroom 50 - - - - - ft. Classrooms - 100 - - - - ft. Ellis J. Bonner Plaza 200 - - 200 - - ft. Lewis Latimer Café 200 - - 200 - - ft. Multipurpose Rooms 200 - - - 300 - ft. Orientation Theatre - 200 - - - - ft. Rotunda 300 - - 500 - - ft. Theatre/Auditorium - - - - 317 - ft.
- American Express
- Debit Card
Location / Contact
315 E. Warren Ave., Detroit, MI 48202
Distance in Miles
Detroit Metro Airport: 17 Miles
Downtown Detroit: 4 Miles
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDTHINK | A Tribute to The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin09/21/2018-01/21/2019
- EntertainmentDDMichael Henderson's 50th Anniversary Concert09/28/2018
- Annual EventsDDCharles H. Wright Museum Gala | Fashion Night at The Wright: A Celebration of Black Hair and Fashion10/06/2018
- Annual EventsDDRUNWAY: The Official Wright Gala After Party10/06/2018
- Expos and Trade ShowsDD5th Annual Detroit Seniors Expo10/15/2018
- EntertainmentDDUniversity LIVE!10/31/2018
- Art and CultureDDWhite Supremacy: Arab and African American Experiences in the Jim Crow South12/05/2018
- Annual EventsDDPalmer Park WinterFest12/10/2018