Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History – Temporarily Closed
This African American History Museum has been educating the Detroit area for decades.Founded in 1965, the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History has for over half a century been a leading institution dedicated to the African-American experience. The Wright Museum provides learning opportunities, exhibitions, programs and events based on collections and research that explore the diverse history and culture of African-Americans and their African origins.
Temporarily closed as of March 13
2020. Tue.-Sat. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sun. 1-5 p.m.
- Number Of Meeting Rooms: 8
- Largest Meeting Space: 7,854 sq. ft.
- Largest Banquet Capacity Seating: 300
- Largest Reception Capacity: 500
- Largest Theater Capacity: 317
Room Name Banquet Capacity Classroom Capacity Conference Capacity Reception Capacity Theater Capacity Room Height Boardroom 50 - - - - - ft. Classrooms - 100 - - - - ft. Ellis J. Bonner Plaza 200 - - 200 - - ft. Lewis Latimer Café 200 - - 200 - - ft. Multipurpose Rooms 200 - - - 300 - ft. Orientation Theatre - 200 - - - - ft. Rotunda 300 - - 500 - - ft. Theatre/Auditorium - - - - 317 - ft.
- American Express
- Debit Card
- Save 20% or More on Detroit's Best Attractions with The D Discount PassD Discount Pass
- Ongoing EventExhibitDDQueen: From the Collection of CCH Pounder - POSTPONED01/26/2020-04/15/2020
- Recurring EventSports & RecreationDD30 Days to Lose It! Season 10 - POSTPONED01/28/2020-08/16/2020
- Ongoing EventExhibitDDHighlights From The Wright Collections Exhibition - POSTPONED04/30/2020
- Ongoing EventExhibitDDVisions of Our 44th President Exhibition - POSTPONED04/30/2020
- EntertainmentDDAfrican World Festival08/14/2020-08/16/2020