Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
This African American History Museum has been educating the Detroit area for decades.Founded in 1965, the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History has for over half a century been a leading institution dedicated to the African-American experience. The Wright Museum provides learning opportunities, exhibitions, programs and events based on collections and research that explore the diverse history and culture of African-Americans and their African origins.
Wed., Fri.-Sat. 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Thu. 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Sun. Noon-5 p.m.
- Number Of Meeting Rooms: 8
- Largest Meeting Space: 7,854 sq. ft.
- Largest Banquet Capacity Seating: 300
- Largest Reception Capacity: 500
- Largest Theater Capacity: 317
Room Name Banquet Capacity Classroom Capacity Conference Capacity Reception Capacity Theater Capacity Room Height Boardroom 50 - - - - - ft. Classrooms - 100 - - - - ft. Ellis J. Bonner Plaza 200 - - 200 - - ft. Lewis Latimer Café 200 - - 200 - - ft. Multipurpose Rooms 200 - - - 300 - ft. Orientation Theatre - 200 - - - - ft. Rotunda 300 - - 500 - - ft. Theatre/Auditorium - - - - 317 - ft.
- American Express
- Debit Card
Location / Contact
315 E. Warren Ave., Detroit, MI 48201
Distance in Miles
Detroit Metro Airport: 17 Miles
Downtown Detroit: 4 Miles
Is this your business? Send any new photos or information to email@example.com to update this page.
- Ongoing EventArt & Culture44 Portraits of a President05/27/2022-12/31/2022
- Benefits & FundraisersThe Wright Gala 202210/08/2022
- Ongoing EventArt & CultureJazz Greats: Classic Photographs from the Bank of America Collection10/21/2022-12/31/2022
- Ongoing EventArt & CultureDetroit Jazz: The Legacy Continues10/21/2022-12/31/2022