Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
This African American History Museum has been educating the Detroit area for decades.Founded in 1965, the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History has for over half a century been a leading institution dedicated to the African-American experience. The Wright Museum provides learning opportunities, exhibitions, programs and events based on collections and research that explore the diverse history and culture of African-Americans and their African origins.
Tue.-Sat. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sun. 1-5 p.m.
- Number Of Meeting Rooms: 8
- Largest Meeting Space: 7,854 sq. ft.
- Largest Banquet Capacity Seating: 300
- Largest Reception Capacity: 500
- Largest Theater Capacity: 317
Room Name Banquet Capacity Classroom Capacity Conference Capacity Reception Capacity Theater Capacity Room Height Boardroom 50 - - - - - ft. Classrooms - 100 - - - - ft. Ellis J. Bonner Plaza 200 - - 200 - - ft. Lewis Latimer Café 200 - - 200 - - ft. Multipurpose Rooms 200 - - - 300 - ft. Orientation Theatre - 200 - - - - ft. Rotunda 300 - - 500 - - ft. Theatre/Auditorium - - - - 317 - ft.
- American Express
- Debit Card
- Save 20% or More on Detroit's Best Attractions with The D Discount PassD Discount Pass
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDThe Inside World: Contemporary Aboriginal Australian Memorial Poles07/27/2019-01/05/2020
- Art and CultureDDHow To Be An Antiracist | Lecture and Q&A ft. Ibram X. Kendi, Ph.D.10/22/2019
- Art and CultureDDPamela Wise Ensemble Presents "A New Message From the Tribe"10/29/2019
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDPersonal to Political: Celebrating the African American Artists of Paulson Fountaine Press01/20/2020-04/05/2020