The Detroit Zoo is now open. Timed tickets are available online only by visiting their website. An animal lover's paradise, the Detroit Zoo is situated on 125 acres with many naturalistic habitats. Major exhibits include the Arctic Ring of Life, Australian Outback Adventure, Great Apes of Harambee, Devereaux Tiger Forest, Holtzman Wildlife Foundation Red Panda Forest, National Amphibian Conservation Center, Holden Reptile Conservation Center, and the Matilda R. Wilson Free-Flight Aviary.
Some indoor spaces are temporarily closed. To help keep guests, staff and animals safe, all guests 5 and older are required to wear a mask at all times and everywhere in the zoo, unless otherwise prevented by a medical condition.
Detroit Zoo EventsThe zoo has an array of exciting activities for all ages year-round, happening on grounds and virtually! Visit their events page to stay updated.
Safety, Security and Sanitation
Oct.-March daily 10 a.m.-4 p.m., April-Labor Day daily 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Sept. 4-30 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Detroit Zoo is closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Restaurant On Site
- Continental Breakfast
- Full Breakfast
- Charge for Parking
- Free Parking
- Internet Access
- Number Of Meeting Rooms: 5
- Largest Banquet Capacity Seating: 300
- Largest Conference Capacity: 70
- Largest Reception Capacity: 10,000
- Largest Theater Capacity: 90
Room Name Banquet Capacity Classroom Capacity Conference Capacity Reception Capacity Theater Capacity Room Height Arctic Ring of Life 50 - - - - - ft. Events Pavilion 300 - - - - - ft. Ford Education Center Conference Room - - 18 - - - ft. Ford Education Center Studio (seating in pods of 4) - - 70 - - - ft. Wildlife Interpretive Gallery 140 - 20 10,000 90 - ft.
Location / Contact
8450 W. 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48067
Distance in Miles
Detroit Metro Airport: 28 Miles
Downtown Detroit: 15 Miles
Is this your business? Send any new photos or information to firstname.lastname@example.org to update this page.
- CommunityWorld Oceans Day at the Detroit Zoo06/10/2023
- Benefits & FundraisersSunset at the Zoo | Leap into Conservation06/23/2023
- CommunitySensory Friendly Evenings06/28/2023
- CommunitySensory Friendly Evenings07/24/2023
- EntertainmentSummer Sips: Welcome to the Jungle07/28/2023
- CommunitySensory Friendly Evenings08/30/2023
- CommunityRun Wild for the Zoo09/10/2023
- EntertainmentSpooky Spirits10/13/2023
- EntertainmentPolar Beers12/07/2023