Detroit Institute of Arts
The Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA), among the top 10 museums in the country, offers over 100 galleries with art from ancient to modern times. The Detroit Institute of Arts has many renowned works, including French Impressionist, German Expressionist, American and Flemish paintings.
Detroit Institute of Arts LocationThe Detroit Institute of Arts is located in Midtown Detroit near The Michigan Science Center, so this is the perfect location for a Detroit field trip. The DIA is also close to Wayne State University, the Detroit Public Library and the Detroit Historical Museum, and not a far walk from the QLine.
Tue.-Thu. 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Fri. 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
Sat.-Sun. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Valet Parking
- Charge for Parking
- Total Room Count: 9
- Number Of Meeting Rooms: 11
- Largest Meeting Space: 10,450 sq. ft.
- Largest Banquet Capacity Seating: 350
- Largest Reception Capacity: 500
- Largest Theater Capacity: 370
Room Name Banquet Capacity Classroom Capacity Conference Capacity Reception Capacity Theater Capacity Room Height Auditorium - - - - 100 - ft. Café DIA 155 - - 200 - - ft. Crystal Gallery 75 - - 100 - - ft. FJC Dining Room A 30 - - 50 - - ft. FJC Dining Room B 50 - - 75 - - ft. Great Hall 350 - - 500 - - ft. Kresge Court 150 - - 250 - - ft. Lecture Hall - - - - 370 - ft. Loggia Courtyard 80 - - 100 - - ft. Prentis Court 160 - - 300 - - ft. Rivera Court 200 - - 350 - - ft.
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDVisions of American Life: Paintings from the Manoogian Collection10/05/2019-12/30/2019
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDGuests of Honor from the Musée du Louvre: Jean-Antoine Houdon’s Portraits of Americans in the Age of Enlightenment10/06/2019-05/03/2020
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDDetroit Collects: Selections of African American Art from Private Collections11/03/2019-03/01/2020
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDBruegel's “The Wedding Dance” Revealed12/14/2019-08/30/2020
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDGuests of Honor: Frida Kahlo and Salvador Dalí02/08/2020-09/27/2020
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDFrom Bruegel to Rembrandt: Dutch and Flemish Prints and Drawings from 1550 to 170002/15/2020-07/26/2020
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDFrida Kahlo, Salvador Dalí, and Highlights of Surrealism03/28/2020-09/27/2020
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDDetroit Style: Car Design in the Motor City, 1950-202006/13/2020-01/10/2021
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDVan Gogh in America06/21/2020-09/27/2020
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDA Working Life: Detroit Photographs by Russ Marshall, 1958-200807/12/2020-01/10/2021
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDMichigan’s Great Lakes: Photographs by Jeff Gaydash11/16/2020-05/03/2020