Detroit Historical Museum
The Detroit Historical Museum has exhibitions in the 78,000-sq.-ft. facility that show the history of southeastern Michigan and include the visitor-favorite The Streets of Old Detroit, recreating Detroit street scenes from the 1840s, 1870s and early 1900s. The Motor City exhibition celebrates 100 years of automotive history in Detroit.
Detroit Historical Museum AttractionsThe Detroit Historical Museum is perfect for locals wanting to learn more about Detroit history, field trips, or anyone interested in cars, the Detroit riots, and Michigan history. Some permanent exhibits include Detroit: The "Arsenal of Democracy", Doorway to Freedom - Detroit and the Underground Railroad, Kid Rock Music Lab and the Gallery of Innovation, among many others. The Detroit Historical Museum has something for everyone.
Open to the public Tue.-Fri. 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Sat.-Sun. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Number Of Meeting Rooms: 9
- Largest Banquet Capacity Seating: 125
- Largest Conference Capacity: 125
- Largest Reception Capacity: 1,000
- Largest Theater Capacity: 139
Room Name Banquet Capacity Classroom Capacity Conference Capacity Reception Capacity Theater Capacity Room Height America's Motor City 60 60 60 150 - - ft. DeRoy Conference Center 12 12 12 12 - - ft. Detroit Legends Plaza (outdoors) 100 100 100 200 - - ft. Entire Museum - - - 1,000 - - ft. Gallery of Culture 100 100 100 150 - - ft. Grand Trunk Passenger Station 80 80 80 80 - - ft. Louise Booth Auditorium - - - - 139 - ft. Streets of Old Detroit 125 125 125 400 - - ft. Wrigley Hall 125 125 125 125 - - ft.
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDDetroit 67: Perspectives09/12/2017-12/31/2019
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDDetroit Grand Prix Exhibit05/21/2019-06/30/2019
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDInvisible No Longer: LGBTQ+ Detroit Exhibition06/07/2019-09/29/2019
- Recurring EventArt and CultureDDThird Thursday Speaker Series01/01/2019-12/31/2019