Detroit Historical Museum
The Detroit Historical Museum has exhibitions in the 78,000-sq.-ft. facility that show the history of southeastern Michigan and include the visitor-favorite The Streets of Old Detroit, recreating Detroit street scenes from the 1840s, 1870s and early 1900s. The Motor City exhibition celebrates 100 years of automotive history in Detroit.
Detroit Historical Museum AttractionsThe Detroit Historical Museum is perfect for locals wanting to learn more about Detroit history, field trips, or anyone interested in cars, the Detroit riots, and Michigan history. Some permanent exhibits include Detroit: The "Arsenal of Democracy", Doorway to Freedom - Detroit and the Underground Railroad, Kid Rock Music Lab and the Gallery of Innovation, among many others. The Detroit Historical Museum has something for everyone.
Open to the public Tue.-Fri. 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Sat.-Sun. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Number Of Meeting Rooms: 9
- Largest Banquet Capacity Seating: 125
- Largest Conference Capacity: 125
- Largest Reception Capacity: 1,000
- Largest Theater Capacity: 139
Room Name Banquet Capacity Classroom Capacity Conference Capacity Reception Capacity Theater Capacity Room Height Wrigley Hall 125 125 125 125 - - ft. Entire Museum - - - 1,000 - - ft. America's Motor City 60 60 60 150 - - ft. Gallery of Culture 100 100 100 150 - - ft. Streets of Old Detroit 125 125 125 400 - - ft. Detroit Legends Plaza (outdoors) 100 100 100 200 - - ft. Grand Trunk Passenger Station 80 80 80 80 - - ft. Louise Booth Auditorium - - - - 139 - ft. DeRoy Conference Center 12 12 12 12 - - ft.
- Ongoing EventArt and CultureDDDetroit 67: Perspectives09/12/2017-12/31/2019
- Art and CultureDDWorkers Rowhouse: The Journey To Now Exhibition04/27/2019
- EntertainmentDDSpring Film Series: Ordinary People, Extraordinary Courage05/11/2019-05/12/2019
- Recurring EventArt and CultureDDThird Thursday Speaker Series01/01/2019-12/31/2019
- EntertainmentDDJazz on the Streets of Old Detroit05/23/2019
- EntertainmentDDSpring Film Series: Fastball06/08/2019-06/09/2019