Michigan Science Center
The Michigan Science Center inspires curious minds of all ages to discover, explore and appreciate science, technology, engineering and math in a creative, dynamic learning environment.
Exhibits at the Michigan Science CenterCheck out the planetarium at the Michigan Science Center for an out of this world experience for all ages. Other exhibits at the Michigan Science Center include topics such as engineering, health and wellness, motion and space.
School year hours: Tue.–Fri. 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
Sat. 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sun. noon–5 p.m. Summer hours: Tue.-Fri. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sat. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sun. noon-5 p.m.
- Restaurant On Site
- Valet Parking
- Charge for Parking
- Live Entertainment
- Senior Discount
- Wheelchair Accessible to Lobby
- Service Animals Allowed
- Parking close to entrance
- Number Of Meeting Rooms: 11
- Largest Meeting Space: 2,500 sq. ft.
- Largest Banquet Capacity Seating: 500
- Largest Reception Capacity: 2,000
- Largest Theater Capacity: 400
Room Name Banquet Capacity Classroom Capacity Conference Capacity Reception Capacity Theater Capacity Room Height Atrium 400 - - 500 - - ft. Earth Room - 25 - - - - ft. Event Ballroom 500 - - 800 - - ft. Full Facility - - - 2,000 - - ft. IMAX Theater - - - - 230 - ft. ITC Gallery 200 - - 200 - - ft. Lunar Dining 225 - - 350 - - ft. Nutrition Kitchen - 45 - - - - ft. Planetarium - - - - 110 - ft. Science Stage - - - - 400 - ft. Toyota Engineering 4D Theater - - - - 184 - ft.
- Save 20% or More on Detroit's Best Attractions with The D Discount PassD Discount Pass