There’s too much going on in Detroit to make it a day trip. Whether you need to lay your head down after a night in the city or need a unique space for an upcoming event, our guide to Detroit Hotels will help point you in the right direction.
Boutique Downtown Detroit Hotels:
- Detroit Foundation Hotel: Located inside the former Detroit Fire Department Headquarters near Cobo Center, it embodies the city’s Renaissance with a contrast of old and new.
- Trumball and Porter Hotel: One of the newest and most unique boutique hotels in the city, its located in the popular Corktown neighborhood.
- The Inn on Ferry Street: Stay in a restored Victorian mansion or carriage house near the city’s cultural, medical and educational districts.
Historic Detroit Hotels:
- Westin Book Cadillac Hotel: Located downtown, it was restored to its 1924 splendor and is now one of the city’s premier hotels.
- Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney: The historic David Whitney Building near Grand Circus Park is situated right in the heart of the city.
- El Moore Lodge: Touted as “urban sustainable lodging”, its located in a vibrant residential community in the Cass Corridor.
- Atheneum Suite Hotel: Newly renovated with modern Greek flair, its Greektown location makes it a popular choice.
Detroit Casino Hotels:
- MGM Grand Detroit: Ultra-chic, resort-style accommodations with on-site gambling and gaming in the downtown district.
- MotorCity Casino Hotel: Elegant and luxurious accommodations attached to the MotorCity Casino, located downtown.
- Greektown Casino-Hotel: Located in the Greektown district with plenty of rooms and great views.
Business or Conference Hotels in Detroit:
- Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center: Situated on the Riverwalk inside General Motors’ world headquarters, it’s ideal for doing business downtown.
- Crowne Plaza – Detroit Downtown Riverfront: Located across from iconic Hart Plaza near Cobo Center within easy reach of the city’s best attractions.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Downtown Detroit: A premium conference environment that was recently refurbished offers some of the city’s largest suites.
Mentioned Attractions And Venues
- Detroit Foundation Hotel
250 W. Larned St., Detroit, MI 48226313-915-4422Highlight on map | More Details
- Trumbull & Porter
1331 Trumbull Ave., Detroit, MI 48216313-496-1400Highlight on map | More Details
- The Inn on Ferry Street
84 E. Ferry St., Detroit, MI 48202313-871-6000Highlight on map | More Details
- The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
1114 Washington Blvd., Detroit, MI 48226313-442-1600Highlight on map | More Details
- Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney
One Park Ave., Detroit, MI 48226313-237-1700Highlight on map | More Details
- The El Moore Lodge
624 W. Alexandrine St., Detroit, MI 48202313-924-4374Highlight on map | More Details
- The Atheneum Suite Hotel & Conference Center
1000 Brush St., Detroit, MI 48226313-962-2323Highlight on map | More Details
- MGM Grand Detroit
1777 Third Ave., Detroit, MI 48226313-465-1777Highlight on map | More Details
- MotorCity Casino-Hotel
2901 Grand River Ave., Detroit, MI 48201866-782-9622Highlight on map | More Details
- Greektown Casino-Hotel
1200 St. Antoine St., Detroit, MI 48226313-223-2999Highlight on map | More Details
- Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center
400 GM Renaissance Center, Detroit, MI 48243313-568-8000Highlight on map | More Details
- Crowne Plaza - Detroit Downtown Riverfront
2 Washington Blvd., Detroit, MI 48226313-965-0200Highlight on map | More Details
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Detroit Downtown
525 W. Lafayette Blvd., Detroit, MI 48226313-963-5600Highlight on map | More Details