- Market the metro Detroit region as a premier destination for amateur and professional sporting events.
- Increase the visibility and brand equity of the Detroit Sports Commission (DSC) and its mission/success with the local community.
- Targeted emphasis on national Olympic sport event opportunities.
- Targeted emphasis on LGBT and e-Sports event opportunities.
- Continued development of international opportunities.
- Collegiate strategy to include National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) championship bids and other conference events.
- Continue “Scorecard” to measure results of DSC-hosted events.
- Continue to increase visibility and brand equity of the DSC and its mission/successes on the local community.
- Direct sales efforts to include personal sales calls, telemarketing, industry conference and trade shows, site visits and bid presentations.
- Market the region as a premier sports event destination through DSC e-newsletter, website and social media.
- Continue to strengthen relationships with local associations, universities and facilities that are partners in our efforts.