- Implement an integrated plan to market metro Detroit to the international traveler, trade media and group tour operators, in order to incrementally increase travel to this destination from international markets. Target markets are UK, Germany, China and Canada.
- Participate in Brand USA co-op advertising program to drive visitation from international markets. Focus on the UK, Germany and China.
- Collaborate with Travel Michigan and Great Lakes USA on co-op advertising initiatives.
- Participate in co-op initiatives for America Journal and Essentially America.
- Support Great Lakes USA in promotion of Detroit on in-country websites.
- Support Travel Michigan and Delta Air Lines efforts to attract familiarization tours for both international trade and media.
- Host individual international media with customized itineraries throughout the year.
- Work with Travel Michigan on new initiative to develop resources to help support the international traveler, including seminars with partners to educate them on the customs and the hospitality experience that should be delivered to other cultures; how to work with receptive operators and collateral in various languages.
- Leverage new board of directors position on US Travel to identify opportunities to further increase visibility of metro Detroit.
- Partner with Great Lakes USA on sales efforts in the UK and Germany, including participation in two major shows — International Travel Berlin (ITB) in Germany and World Travel Market (WTM) in London — and two sales missions.
- Attend Chinese sales mission coordinated by Travel Michigan to meet with customers.
- Attend IPW to meet individually with travel professionals to create Detroit products.
Print and Digital Publishing
- Identify, organize and improve international translated destination assets on website, including print, digital and video.