- Successfully integrate the domestic group tour segment into the marketing department, combining with the international effort to create a tourism unit.
- Create a new tourism specialist position that will lead the effort under the leadership of a tourism manager.
- Provide marketing support to assist in securing tour groups coming to metro Detroit.
- Research domestic tourism market to identify the experiences travelers desire on a group tour.
- Spearhead metro area attractions meetings three times a year to keep members abreast of group-tour initiatives, provide an outlet for members to collaborate and educate the membership on industry news and trends.
- Identify trade shows, advertising and other opportunities to promote the domestic group-tour effort.
- Utilize targeted trade publications to promote metro Detroit as a desired group-tour destination.
- Integrate digital marketing and social media efforts into group-tour segment when appropriate.
- Attend the following trade shows: National Tour Association: American Bus Association; Ontario Motor Coach Association; International Inbound Travel; Receptive Tour Operators (RTO) Summit East and West.
- Develop relationships and promote group tour to domestic receptive tour operators through trade shows, fam tours, sponsorships and memberships as appropriate.